Berlin’s culture is based in anti-establishment, which includes being anti-BVG.
To shift young Berliners’ perceptions of transport system BVG, the campaign won the respect of Berlin’s number 1 street wear brand, Adidas. A limited edition BVG x Adidas Originals EQT Berlin sneaker was launched, which stores a yearly ticket for BVG. A special music track called BVG – Adidas was also created for the campaign. The sneaker reached cult status by selling out in hours and resold online for €3500. Worldwide press reported the activation, launch, and resale, earning BVG 10.6 billion impressions.
The Best of Design and Advertising Awards
In total, there were 720 creative works entered into the 27th edition of the ADCE Awards. An international jury comprised of 62 leading creatives from 20 different countries awarded 27 Gold, 42 Silver and 123 Nominations.
The ADCE Awards are unique in that only creative work that has been awarded at a local European show can qualify, ensuring an elite selection in which every single entry that a judge sees has already been nominated as a standout piece of creative.
The 27 winning Works awarded “Gold” in the different categories were:
– TV/Cinema Commercials: “Kid’s Dreams” by Grabarz & Partner (Germany) for Volkswagen.
– TV/Cinema Commercials: “Decisions” by Sra Rushmore (Spain) for International Committee of the Red Cross.
Print & Outdoor:
– Poster Advertising: “Scandal” by Pristop d.o.o (Slovenia) for Cankarjev dom, Drama, MGL.
– Poster Advertising: “German Cancer Aid Melanoma Campaign” by HEIMAT Berlin (Germany) for Deutsche Krebshilfe Arbeitsgemeinschaft Dermatologische Prävention e.V.
– Newspaper Advertising: “Samsung Newspaper Design Edition” by Jung von Matt/Limmat (Switzerland) for Samsung.
– Magazine & Trade Advertising: “Lives way more interesting than yours” by DDB Group (Gernany) for Volkswagen.
Interactive & Mobile:
– Websites: “Flint is a place” by Guillermo Brotons and Frederik Delmotte (Spain) for Zack Canepari.
– UX/UI Design: “LAVA” by Gagarín / Basalt Architects (Iceland) for Lava Centre.
– Any Other: “Real Orgasms. The exhibition” by Proximity Madrid (Spain) for Bijoux Indiscrets.
– Graphic Communication: “Hornbach Werkstück Edition 001” by Heimat Berlin (Germany) for Hornbach.
– Editorial Design: “Olafur Eliasson: Pentagonal Landscapes” by Kuudes (Finland) for EMMA – Espoo Museum of Modern Art.
– Spatial / Experiential Design: “LAVA” by Gagarín / Basalt Architects (Iceland) for Lava Centre.
– Any Other: “BVG x adidas – The ticket-shoe” by Jung von Matt (Germany) for Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG).
Promotions & New Media:
– Campaigns for promotion sales: “The most German supermarket” by Jung von Matt (Germany) for EDEKA Zentrale AG & Co. KG.
– Ambient Media: “Bewegtes Land” by Datenstrudel / Bauhaus Universität Weimar (Germany) for Kunstfest Weimar / Jena Kultur.
– Events: “The most German supermarket” by Jung von Matt (Germany) for EDEKA Zentrale AG & Co. KG.
– New Use of Media: “Escalating GIFs” by Ogilvy (Germany) for European Anti-Bullying Network (EAN).
Innovation & Integration:
– Integrated Campaigns: “Free Democrats Dark Diaries” by HEIMAT Berlin (Germany) for Free Democrats.
– Integrated Campaigns: “Scary Clown Night” by Lola Mullenlowe (Spain) for Burger King.
– Social responsibility Campaigns: “The most German supermarket” by Jung von Matt (Germany) for EDEKA Zentrale AG & Co. KG.
– Best use of technology: “The Soundbook App” by Jung von Matt/Limmat (Switzerland) for Swiss NordSüd Verlag.
– Creative Strategy: “Pay for Peaceful Sleep” by Agama Digital Group (Ukraine) for Charitable fund “Come Back Alive”.
European Student of the Year:
– Design: “Habitat” by Tom Hegen (Germany) from Hochschule Konstanz University of Applied Sciences.
– Design: “Sun Wukong – An Immersive Graphic Novel” by Jeffrey Guan (Austria) from University of Applied Arts Vienna.
– Ideas: “Ligatura” by Sebastian Kubik from University of Applied Arts Vienna (Austria).
Young European Creative:
– Design: “Sheboard – Raised by Words” by Katariina Harteela / Hasan & Partners (Finland) for Plan International Finland.
– Creative Ideas: “BAS: Bot Ad School” by Daniel Liakh and Kostia Liakhov (Ukraine) for Bot Ad School.
Winning work will be showcased in the ADCE Annual 2018 and through a touring exhibition around Europe.