The Huawei Global Theme Design Competition is now officially welcoming entries from talented designers and illustrators.
This year, the competition continues on its mission to unearth innovative minds within the design industry. Huawei focuses on exploring the future of mobile aesthetics through design innovation. Consisting of four categories (Themes, Wallpapers, Watch Faces, and Cities) the winning entries will be selected for a prize pool totaling $300,000 USD. Besides the Grand Prize, which comes with a financial reward of $20,000 USD, excellent entrants may win the award of Stars of Tomorrow, International Artists, or Amazing Animators.
To take part, designers need to register online and submit their designs. All entries will then be judged by a panel of eminent judges comprising:
- David Carson is a New York-based graphic designer, typographer, and bestselling author who has exercised wide-ranging influence on designers around the globe.
- Wang Ziyuan is Professor of Design at the Central Academy of Fine Arts, and was heavily involved in the design process of the official 2008 Beijing Olympics color system and logos.
- Norito Shinmura is a renowned Japanese designer who has won many prestigious graphic design awards in Japan and internationally. He has been the primary creator of posters at MUJI for a long time, and has also produced advertisements for the leading personal care brand SHISEIDO.
- Tiger Pan is an eminent packaging designer who is the winner of all the top 3 global design awards. His disruptive creations are known for their unique take on the traditional eastern aesthetics.
- Liang Jun, Chief UX Design Director at Huawei UCD.
- Zhang Zhongyang, President of the Shenzhen Illustration Association and is committed to creating a leading community with like-minded artists.
- Liza Enebeis, Director at Studio Dumbar.
Still not sure of taking on this challenge? Read the five benefits that will make up your mind:
- Funding: Access a prize pool of $300,000 in cash and monetary support.
- Prestige: Cement your reputation as an innovator in the field with recognition from a panel of the world’s most formidable creative minds. You’ll receive a digital award and the official title of Huawei Designer.
- Networking: Be invited to Huawei’s awards ceremony, exhibitions and other international events. Share your thoughts with like-minded creative talent from all over the world.
- Branding: Get your name seen and shared across the mainstream media platforms of Huawei’s 100+ partners. Your winning work will be discovered by industry experts and enthusiasts in every corner of the world.
- Promotion: Enjoy exposure in over 170 countries and regions and have the opportunity to sell your work to 600 million users.
Submission deadline: July 1st.
Check Rules & Info at Huawei’s Global Theme Design competition website.