The Art Directors Club of Europe (ADCE) has announced the 60 judges for the 27th ADCE Awards, celebrating the very best of European Design and Advertising.
Under the leadership of ADCE President Ami Hasan, Chairman of hasan & partners, the 2018 Jury Presidents are as follows:
- Film & Radio: Stephan Vogel, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy (Germany)
- Print & Outdoor: Marta Llucià, Executive Creative Director, McCann Worldgroup (Spain)
- Interactive & Mobile: Janno Siimar, Design Lead & Partner, Velvet (Estonia)
- Graphic Design: Frank Bodin, President ADC Switzerland, Chairman Havas (Switzerland)
- Promotions & New Media: Carol Lambert, Creative Director, Publicis Dublin (Ireland)
- Integration & Innovation: Kate Stanners, Chairwoman & Global CCO, Saatchi & Saatchi (United Kingdom)
In total, 60 leading creatives and designers have been selected from 19 European countries to judge. The juries will meet in Barcelona on 8 November to debate the best creative work from across Europe, before awarding Gold, Silver and Nomination across each category, as well as the overall Grand Prix, to be revealed at the ADCE Awards Gala on November 10.
The ADCE Awards is unique in that only creative work that has been awarded at a local European show is eligible, ensuring an elite selection in which every single entry that a judge sees has already been nominated as a standout piece of creative.
Submissions should be made online before 27 September 2018. More information on rules, fees and eligibility can be found at awards.adceurope.org.
The ADCE Festival
The ADCE Awards return as part of the ADCE European Creativity Festival (9-10 November) at the Design Hub Barcelona. On its fifth edition, the festival will bring together creative professionals from around the continent for two days of inspirational talks, hands-on workshops, and plenty of networking opportunities.
This year’s theme will be “Rewiring the Creative Machine”, and has been curated by Kris Hoet. “The creative process is messy”, says Hoet about this year’s topic. “So, how do we explore flow and ways of working together within the complexity driven by technology instead of trying to automate it?”. Tickets are now on sale, with significant discounts for students and ADCE Members.